Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Design Style 101

It's Tuesday, Let's talk about Style.

Style to me for the most part is up to your individual taste. Not everything that "designers" suggest is for everyone. It's good to keep up on current trends, but don't let them dictate  how everything in your home needs to look. After all, if we all had the same thing, it would be a pretty boring world. My personal style is a traditional, but eclectic look. When my daughter Alyssa is older, she says she wants to have an ultra modern clean feng shei type home.
 You can however, pretty much combine different looks into a couple of styles types. Next week I'll start to discuss what we at Willow House have identified this season as:
Chic Organic 

Cottage Romantic  

Bright and Bold 


You may like more than just one style type too, like I do. That's okay. It will give your home character. Most of us do not have million dollar budgets to hire top interior designers and custom order the furniture and accessories. I'm going to tell you that you don't need to have that kind of money either to have a great looking home.

My best advice to give you is that you should buy something that :
Really strikes you when you see it, You love it!
It is of the best quality that fits your budget.
Don't spend a lot of money on anything that is a Fad.

I hope you know what I mean by a Fad. It's usually something that is really popular, everyone has got to have it. It's fun to by something that is a hit in all the magazines and in stores, but don't invest a lot in it because 5 years from now, it will look very dated.
Well, that's it for this week. Next week and for a few weeks after, I'm going to explore what the current styles are and how you can get them. 


Note: Special Thanks to our Fabulous Designers at Willow House for all their creative inspiration and coming up with the names to the Latest trends out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Design Spark!
I love comments, they make me happy!
I hope you leave my blog feeling a little "Spark" of Inspiration.
Have a Great Day☀
Pam ♥